We encourage all of our students to be 'children of the world'. If it takes a village to raise a child, then we believe parents, students, teachers and the community have a shared responsibility and accountability for a student’s educational and social development.
Parents, students, teachers and the community have a shared responsibility and accountability for a student’s educational and social development.
All students can learn and therefore, children should be guaranteed to receive an appropriate educational foundation that meets their individual needs.
Every child has the right to learn in a safe, supportive environment.
In the worth of the individual.
Granum School is an essential asset to our community and is a major resource for enhancing the well-being of all citizens of Granum.
- In a secure and safe environment
- Through interactions with others and their environments
- When they take ownership
- The parts when they understand the whole
- By connecting new information to old
- Through trial and error
- When subject matter is meaningful
- Through practice using a multi-sensory approach
- By modeling others' learning strategies
- At their own speed
- Through feedback
- By doing
We expect that all interactions with students, parents, staff, community and all others who come in contact with us, and with each other, will be characterized by orderliness, fairness, understanding, dignity, honesty and compassion.
- To maximize student and staff potential.
- To act as shapers of what ought to be rather than servants of what is.
- We value the development and nurturing of all skills necessary to qualify our students, staff and school as valued members of the community.
Judeo Christian Principles
Small schools such as ours cannot survive without the full support of the community. Granum is fortunate to have support from individual members, businesses and community service organizations.Many community members come into the school to share their experiences and expertise.
Volunteers are always needed both in the school and for outside activities such as sports teams. If you wish to volunteer in one way or another, please contact the school and leave your name. Coaches and options volunteers need to complete a police check.
Parents are welcome anytime to help in the classrooms, serve hot lunches or hot dogs, or serve on School Council. Please contact the school or a member of School Council if you wish to help out. YOU make the biggest difference in your child’s education!